Saturday, August 20, 2005

Maybe it's the weather

Lately, for whatever reason, I've been stuck in something of an emotional slump. Last week I was on this incredible high, working out every day and feeling great and busy. Now, it just feels like I'm just living some kind of pointless, empty routine, with deadlines flying towards me from every direction. I think it's a combination of having missed a few workouts, or not performing as well at some this week, along with stressing over the Guide to Queen's.

To be perfectly frank, sometimes it just sucks to bust my ass at the track, or nearly get run over by a car while on my bike...and then come home to a quiet, empty house. I miss home and want to be around my family, and to be surrounded by people, no matter how badly we get along or how idiotic/insane they are.

Powerbook G4, looks like it's just you and me babe.

Today's bike ride went pretty well, aside from a ridiculous headwind. Despite spending a good hour feeling like I was getting pushed sideways and backwards, I still managed to shave 11 minutes off my last time for a ride to Odessa and back. I got back to the house after 1:44, but that was taking it REALLY easy after exactly 40k (about 52rpm, super slow). I hit 40k at 1:39, which was pretty sweet. The hills on the way back aren't nearly as daunting as they were a few weeks ago, and I had a comfortable cruising speed of about 27kph. So maybe I'll be racing faster than that, what with adrenaline and more rest?

Guide to Queen's. Ugh. Then swimming--should be fun (except my shoulder's a bit sore from biking today).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home