Wednesday, August 10, 2005

It's Zen

So went for another early morning bike ride; I wasn't going for distance today, instead I tried doing some drills I found in that book. A so-called "tempo" workout with intervals riding at 70% of race pace. I'm starting to get a good sense of where my maximum is, and what a relaxed pace is; that said, it looks like my all-out race pace is just over 31 or 32kph right now. Hopefully it'll improve over the next few weeks.

In any case, I sat down at work today, and didn't really feel like doing anything right away, so I decided to explore some sports pdcasts. And what do I happen upon? Zen and the Art of Triathlon. It's a wildly funny radio show, which consists mainly of a man with a baby who does triathlon recreationally. So here's this guy, talking about Ironman triathlons and marathons and sports drinks, while feeding his baby who tends to spit up everywhere. Wonderful--made today fantastic.

Anyways, 10 mins before biking out to West Campus for a run...hopefully with the rain and thunder and wind, it won't be that hellish episode I went through on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home