Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Doubling up (in another context)

Rest days: what a freakin ridiculous concept...or so I thought when I woke up at 5:30 yesterday morning. After a few weeks of getting up at an ungodly hour of the morning, I don't think my body expected a break, so I took a mini-break instead of a total blah break. Got up for a jog, and used that crazy foam noodle at Goodlife to give myself an obscenely good massage. I generally have a good idea of what bits of me are sore and which are stiff, but this kicked all the knots in my legs to hell and back. Painful at first, but once you roll everything in and out, it feels sooooo goooooooood.

Meg Malloy was kind enough to give me a swimming lesson that afternoon at the RMC pool; even after changing a few things about the way I was executing my stroke, I could FEEL everything going faster, but with less movement. CRAZY!!!! That girl is amazing, and so encouraging, which always helps when you suck as much as I do. :)

Anyways, today was a hard run day, 13km, same as Sunday. Went really well, and I didn't even need it to rain today. The times are stored on my phone and I'll post/calculate the speeds tomorrow, but what I really didn't expect was how much I enjoyed having other people on the track. I think the running room was warming up there, and there was this crazy guy wearing tight tight shorts, and the guy had the skinniest legs ever, but an amazing stride!

Blah, more tomorrow. After a hard weights and run session in one day, I'm beat. Tomorrow: 45km on the bike. The distance isn't daunting, it's trying to come up with a continuous route for myself.

Oh yeah, did my interview with Brett on the Art of Triathlon show...Gizmo cut out in the middle of it, but it was fun regardless! And I'm listening to the latest installment, and he gave me a shout out! This is nuts!

What a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home