Friday, August 26, 2005

It's been a long, long time

This has been, without a doubt, the most stressful and taxing week of the summer. The Guide to Queen's officially took over my life on Monday, and only now has it loosened what seemed to be an unrelenting grip on my sanity. Although Monday was a rest day, I tried out Malloy's 7K Johnson Street loop, which proved to be a welcome break from the office. Unfortunately, pulling a near all-nighter made Tuesday pretty much a work-out write-off. I feel more than a little bad for wasting Jon's time at Goodlife--I quit half-way through a weights session simply because I was far too tired to do anything (heart beat was waaaaaay higher than it should've been).

On Wednesday, I was still pressed for time, so instead of my prescribed 60km on the bike, I did a bike/run brick early in the morning (46:50 for 20km, and then 27mins or so for the 5K right afterwards). That afternoon, I went climbing--or bouldering rather--which turned out to be amazingly fun, and really good for my back strength. I definitely paid for it this morning while I was trying to do squats and chin-ups, but I felt like my stroke was much more controlled when I went for a swim today. I've been focusing on my technique, and it's starting to come a bit more naturally than it had previously. So today's swim was 2000m in a little over 50 mins.

It's pretty late now, so I don't think I'll be getting up early to work out, but I can always run in the afternoon. According to my new countdown widget, there's 22 days, 11 hours and 50 mins until the race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home