Sunday, August 21, 2005

Crunch time!

Today was comprised of several big chunks, all of which were exhausting, none of which felt particularly productive or successful.

Got up, a little later than usual (7:30) and went for a run at Tindall. I'm not sure if it was the sun, the humidity, my legs/ass/body being sore from 45km on the bike yesterday, but my run was 3mins longer (1:16) than my last 13km. On a more positive note, a man walking around the track came up to me while I was stretching, and asked me how far I usually run. I told him a bit about my training, and he replied that I made it look remarkably effortless, even when I was speeding up at the end. Little does he know that I'd probably get left behind if I were to run with a group of serious runners.

After that, got me some life-changing granola at the Goat (it's starting to turn into a hard-training-day addiciton), then headed over to The Running Room to get some shoes. Mission accomplished: Nike Air Max Moto 3...sick sick SICK shoes!!! I love 'em...I know tomorrow's my rest day, but I really want to take them for a run. Just me and the twins and my cellphone stopwatch.

Grabbed my bike, and went over to the RMC pool, only to find out that the pool was closed until 6:30...so crawled my way back home in the heat, and tried to do some work on the Guide to Queen's. All day, I was trying to somehow justify not going for today's swim, but every single excuse was flimsier than a piece of 1-ply toilet paper the day after taco night at Sol Latino.

Actually, the swim went better than I had thought, and I think my technique is improving. Thanks to Meghan Malloy, I have something to think about on the longer sets in the pyramid aside from the burning in my arms or my cramping legs. Elbow-out-first-breathe-elbow-out-first-breathe...as flaky as it sounds, and as skeptical as i was before, visualizing really helps!

Last night, I e=mailed the Queen's Tri Club...haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully this will give me a chance to train with other psycho people during the year.

Ok, I'm out. Tomorrow: Rest...and taking the new shoes on a run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home