Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Vancouver: Day 6, Sore Knees

Today: 14.55km, 1500m swim

When I sprinted the last 100m to so to my house this morning, I couldn't believe that I had actually finished the run that I had planned for myself last night. I looked at the elevation profile of the 14.55km route (AFTER I got back), and more than 3/4 of the whole thing was uphill--damn hills. I know they're good for me, but dammit, why do they have to hurt so much? My knees aren't just scolding, they're screaming bloody murder right now. Still trying to decide whether I'll go to yoga class considering how tired I am right now. Anyways, one day left here, and then it's back to Kingston. Thankfully, I only had to suffer through one day of rain; I don't know how people around here put up with months and months of nonstop drizzle.

Going to visit the grampasaurus in a few mins...a bit scary to think that this is probably the last time I'll talk to him. The finality of the whole situation will likely not sink in until I'm back in Kingston in my empty house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home