Monday, February 13, 2006

Running in snow

Today: 13.97km; 2000m swim + flipturns

Fantastic run, even better swim...I'm going to sleep really really well tonight. It was interesting running in snow for the first time ever. It slowed me down to a 6:00/km pace, but I suppose that's not too bad considering the degree of slippage I had to put up with on the hill on King Street. Kind of neat how quickly everything changes in the morning: I left my house when it was still dark out and not snowing; it started snowing, got bright, stopped snowing and turned sunny all while I was running.

I think I've figured out the secret to the first part of a flipturn: it's not the forceful kind of bend that I had been doing before...after watching people for the past few weeks, it almost looks like they just kind of fall forward. Just need to get the timing right though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home