Monday, February 20, 2006

Vancouver: Day 4, Canada Games Pool

Today: 8.16km, 2250m swim, 90mins yoga


That photo was taken outside my house early yesterday morning before going to spin at Bonsor, the ghetto community centre near my house, with a pool that more closely resembles a sewage tank than anything else...I think I'd rather swim in Lake Ontario since the raw sewage is at least offset with the feeling of being outside. I'm actually really glad I didn't swim yesterday and gave it a rest; as a result of a brief, one-day haiatus, I had a really kick-ass swim today, with 3x500m, then 2x200m hard, 150m recovery and 2x100m with flipturns. Sweet! I'm in love: the Canada Games Pool is quite possibly the most self-contained body of water I've ever swum in. Not only was it not too cold, not too hot, nicely lit and clean, I had a whole lane to myself for the entire hour. Never mind the random pingpong balls floating around, I was just so happy to be swimming well, surrounded by other people IN THEIR OWN LANES that also enjoy swimming. I might actually be starting to like this part of triathlon--we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home