Friday, February 17, 2006

Vancouver: Day 1, swimming & yoga

Today: 1500m swim + flipturns, 90mins yoga

So who would've thought that it'd be sunny when I got here? The sunlight is so warm and definitely a welcome change from the gloomy snow, ice and clouds of Kingston. I was waiting for the bus this morning after doing some groceries at the mall, and just leaned against the wall with my eyes closed and enjoying the feeling of being warm. I wish I had a camera or something. This more than makes up for the grossness of the Bonsor pool (it's WARM, disgustingly warm actually--makes me wonder if I'm going to get some sort of bizarre bacterial infection).

Just killing some time before catching the bus to do a drop-in yoga class on Commercial Drive (or maybe Metrotown); I haven't been able to go for two weeks due to conflicts, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully the weather holds up, I'd like to try a long run out at Stanley Park, around the seawall...it'll probably be really windy, but it's not like the wind ever stops blowing in K-town anyways. In any case, enough bitching about people going to Cuba, the Dominican or Florida--I'm getting plenty of sun, and it's perfect weather for running outside too. :)

Happyhappyhappyhappy! Look what the sun does!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home