Saturday, August 06, 2005

One Week

So it's been one week since the big day, and once again, I find myself at the Sleepless Goat.

On Sunday, I tried making it an "easy" day, but somehow, my legs just wouldn't let my jog any farther than the end of the block. Instead, I ended up at the Sleepless Goat, upgrading the OS from Panther to Tiger. Downed several cups of Guatamalanforherewithroomplease, and bought a new book, "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell" in which I have yet to make a significant dent.

Monday was a little more eventful, starting off with an early morning (5:30am) bike ride to Gananoque. The best part about those long stretches of boring and monotonous landscape are all the random thoughts that seem to come to mind. The first being the consideration of possibly getting certified as a spinning instructor, which, combined with a crazy notion of future Ironman Triathlons (thanks to Deej), morphed into a new obessession: a sprint triathlon in Montreal on September 17.

So, I've just started swimming. To be more precise, I've started spending about 45 mins splashing around in a manner that somewhat resembles swimming; I'm sure Laura must find the idea highly amusing.

I have to admit, I'm rather pleased with myself; in the past week, I've managed to maintain a reasonable level of activity, in spite of what was a rather exhausting weekend. Nevertheless, given how exhausted I am right now, and how UNmotivated I was this afternoon, I am beginning to seriously wonder whether I'll be able to train as hard as I'd like to...for six weeks no less.

.......

There are very few things as beautiful as the Sleepless Goat's Red Cabbage Salad with Toasted Pecans. Right now, I'm slowly turning over a large piece of cabbage, a stiff cream and scarlet ribbon woven in between the tines of my fork. Chunks of pecans and clusters of shredded carrot glistening amid a nest of crimson shreds of crunchy cabbage and bright green flakes of parsely.

OK, reality check. I'm blogging on a Friday night at the Sleepless Goat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home